Main Number: (501) 987-6979
Building 940 - Walters Community Support Center
940 Arnold Drive
Little Rock AFB, AR 72099
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 10 AM - 7 PM
Friday & Saturday: 10 AM - 5 PM
The Base Library is located in the Walters Community Support Center. The library includes an enclosed Children's Room, a Young Adult Room, and two study rooms. Computers with Internet access, DVDs & Blu-rays, music CDs, audiobooks and games are up-front for easy, quick access and selection. Study tables, cubicles and comfortable seating areas are available. Feel free to browse through the selection of library materials, study or just enjoy the ambiance.
A self-checkout kiosk is available and you can ask at the circulation desk for your Library Card # in order to utilize it. A digital sender and fax machine are part of the library services.
The Library's collection consists of:
- 10 military network computers (CAC enabled)
- 15 civilian network computers (CAC enabled)
- WiFi access
- 20,000 books (25% in the children's collection)
- 5,000 DVDs (non-fiction and entertainment)
- 1,000 music CDs
- 1,000 audiobooks on CD/MP3/Playaways
- Graphic novels
- Periodicals and newspapers
- Collection of PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U games
Materials can be placed on hold and you will be notified when the item is ready for pick up. The preferred method of notification is by text message.
Renewals can be completed online at lrafblibrary.sirsi.net using your Library Card number or by calling the circulation desk at (501) 987-6979 during normal operating hours.
Outdoor Material Return
There is an outdoor material return located at the end of the island on the right hand side facing Bldg 940 in the parking lot of the Walters Community Support Center. All library material can be returned in the outdoor material return.
Connect with Us
USAF eLibrary Online Resources offers a wealth of online resources including digital magazines, music and movies. These resources are provided at no charge by your Air Force Library program to eligible library patrons.
EBooks, Audiobooks, & Digital Magazines
- ZINIO Digital Magazines
Zinio is the world’s largest newsstand which allows you to read over 650 popular news and special interest digital magazines online or you can download them to your PC, MAC, app-enabled tablet or smart phone. Visit your library for set up information. URL for home use is "https://www.rbdigital.com/aflis/zinio".
Hoopla stream movies, TV shows, audiobooks, music, comics and ebooks with your Library Card number. Limit 5 free downloads per month.
OneClickdigital provides a wide selection of unabridged eAudiobooks for checkout and download to a computer or portable device (requires software download; check for device compatability). Ask the Circulation Desk for access code.
OverDrive includes language learning materials, downloadable ebooks, audiobooks, music and videos. Play downloads on a variety of devices including smart phones, ebook readers, computers, tablets and more. Includes CSAF Reading List titles. Click "Get an Account", select "Email Self Registration", type in your official AF email address for validation, create a password and follow the email instructions to get started (software download required). Or, simply ask the Circulation Desk for access code.
- Safari Books Online
Safari Books Online is the leading e-reference resource for technology and business professionals. Provides access to over 27,000 eBooks and 1,900 videos featuring technology, digital media & professional development topics.
Tumblebook offers a range of content to include an online collection of eBooks, enhanced novels, graphic novels, videos and audiobooks suitable for students and adults of all reading levels.
Movies & Music
- Hoopla Stream movies, TV shows, audiobooks, music, comics, and ebooks with your Library Card number. Limit 5 free downloads per month. Sign up at the library!
Language & Culture
CultureGrams provides concise, reliable and up-to-date reports on more than 200 countries, each U.S. state and all 13 Canadian provinces and territories. Information includes facts and figures, as well as an insider’s perspective on daily life and culture, including history, customs and lifestyles of people around the world. Available via the Air Force Portal or MilitaryOneSource.
- Learn Language Online
Mango Languages coming soon!
- Peterson’s Education Resource Center
Peterson's is your online resource center for test preparation; includes study guides for CLEP, DSST/DANTES, ASVAB, AFOQT, GRE, etc., as well as a "Portable Practice Test Player" that allows the user to take tests while not connected to the internet.
- Universal Class
Universal Class offers over 500 online courses on a wide range of subjects/levels. Courses are available 24/7, are instructor led and self paced. Some courses offer CEUs.
Subject areas include: Computers and Technology, Personal Finance, Crafts and Hobbies, Homeschooling, Professional Development and many more. Visit Base Library for access information.
- Consumer Health Complete Consumer Health Complete (CHC) covers all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated medicine. Includes: 550 full text journals and magazines; full text for hundreds of health reference books and encyclopedias; more than 2,000 Health Daily videos from NBC Digital Health Network; and full-text consumer health pamphlets. Available via the Air Force Portal or MilitaryOneSource.
- LearningExpress Library 3.0 LearningExpress Library 3.0 includes access to college and professional qualification test prep, skill building courses, popular software tutorials (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite) as well as other diagnostics and help courses for elementary students through college.
- MorningStar MorningStar provides information and advice on mutual funds, stocks, exchange-traded funds and market returns. Users can track investments, access daily market news and commentary, view snapshots on investments and interact on the research center forums. Available via the Air Force Portal.
News & Reference
- Federal Daily
Federal Daily provides access to the Federal Employees News Digest (FEND), with weekly updates, opinion and advice on federal employee pay and benefits policies and developments, including coverage of legal cases, benefits options review, and general federal employment news. It also provides access to the Federal Employees Almanac, which is updated annually with the latest federal employment policies regarding pay, medical and insurance benefits, time off and transition rules, retirement plans such as CSRS, FERS and TSP, and topics specific to federal agencies, USPS, and other resources.
Check out the Databases & e-Resources page to view full listing of resources!
- Global Incident Map
The Global Incident Map provides a fully customizable map that displays critical events happening in real time across the globe. Includes everything from terror acts to kidnappings, port security red flags to aviation incidents. Available via the Air Force Portal.
EBSCOhost provides links to the following databases: DIY Reference Centers, EBSCOhost Research databases, Biography Reference Center, Student Research Center - High School and Middle School, and Fold3 - History and Genealogy Archives. Additional database to search include the GreenFile, Teacher, International Security & Counter Terrorism Reference Center as well as many others. Provided by DoD MWR Libraries. Available via the Air Force Portal, MilitaryOneSource or contact library for access.
Stratfor consists of expert analysis in international affairs, public policy, and security .Available via the Air Force Portal.
- Gale includes access to the following Gale resources: Opposing Viewpoints, Student Resource Center, and Virtual Reference Library.
Popular Library Links
HOW WAS YOUR VISIT?
We want to make sure that everyone has a great experience at our facilities! Let us know what you liked, what we can improve on, and any other feedback you think we would find useful.